DATE AND TIME
Sat, March 18, 2017
8:30 AM – 11:30 AM EDT
IN COLLABORATION WITH:
Student Senate, Montgomery Community College, Takoma Park MD
Nido Americas, Northern Virginia
Prince Wen Medical and Health Care Center, 4650 Livingston Rd, SE. Washington DC. 20032 (202) 563-0300
Naija WorldwideCharities, http://naijacharities.org/…
Mr. C. Jude Iweanoge, The Iweanoges’ Firm, 1026 Monroe St. NE, Washington DC 20017
Caballero Caballero Law Group, LLC 841 East Fort Ave, #249 Baltimore, MD 21230
Ms. Fatmata Barrie, Esq. The Barie Law Center 8403 Colesville Rd. Suite 1100 Silver Spring MD
Nigerian American Lawyers Association (NALA)
Public Safety Training Academy Montgomery County, MD Police Department
& Other Legal Experts
That we may come, learn, and understand together, under one roof, our citenzenry obligations and entitlements.
Topics include Deportation Proceedings, Travel Ban, Knowing Your Rights, etc.
INTERESTED IN COLLABORATING TO HOST THIS EVENT? Your organization is required to submit:
· Your organization’s name
· Your organization’s logo and location
· Number of members from your org/group attending the event.
· Donation of $50.00 or more to offset venue cost
Because WEN is solution driven, our aim is to make our communities aware of the impact of whatever laws govern the geographic locations we live in and to understand it’s relevance to our daily lives and the lives of a significant number of families and friends in our communities. The question now is WHAT NEXT?
By collaborating, you become a stakeholder along with others collaborators to share solutions on how to best help our communities. If a parent from your community is deported, we rely the help of stakeholders from other communities to weigh in on providing assistance – Shelter, food, clothing, counselling, and many other needs.
Here are some questions people are likely to ask:
1. I was born in America, but my parents are not citizens. Will they be deported?
2. I am afraid that my family may be deported because of their status. Who is going to care for me?
3. How do I pursue getting citizenship for my family?
4. Is dual citizenship real? Will it be respected under the new administration?
5. I have DACA, will I be deported?
6. If DACA were terminated, will my employment authorization documents become invalid?
There are some who argue that underage children of undocumented illegal aliens must go with their parents. Their arguments are based on using their tax payer money for child care of these children. These lawful citizens also want answers as well.
Therefore, given that immigration have become a hot topic on the radar our qualified panelists are equipped to
point us all in the right directions.
If you are seeking legal guidance, WEN can guide you to legal experts who are willing to provide legal help. Please feel free to forward any questions you might have to email@example.com