WEN’s assistance program of two types: General and Welfare. This program is designed to achieve WEN’s first vision, which is to plead and advance the socio-economic causes of individuals, groups, institutions, organizations, etc., of diverse ethnic backgrounds, particularly ethnicities with limited access to resources in our communities. Each program has its own set of requirements, so it is important to carefully read through the below narrative for the best assistance that suites your need(s). While pleading your cause is free, some of the assistance might require a fee from you for the work we do to assist you.

WEN’s General Assistance helps identify hard to reach resources that we may have access to. It is not for those in need of welfare assistance but those who can use some extra help reaching someone or something they may find difficult getting. Because WEN’s vision includes pleading and advancing the social economic causes of individuals or entities from various ethnic groups and we have established opportunities that include diverse ethic inclusion, such as Achebe Day, WEN’s general assistance range from engaging with the consular of the country you plan on visiting, doing business with, tracing your roots, etc., to even wanting help in clarifying a decision you are wanting to make, such as making a decision on how a process works, etc.

WEN’s Welfare Assistance is possible if and when we have funds available. Where we do not have the funds to assist, we reach out to our affiliates for their support and assistance. Welfare refers to the wellbeing of individuals, families, and communities. Social groups globally vary in the way they address human needs for security, education, work, health and wellbeing. Under social policy, states and societies respond to global challenges of social, demographic and economic change, poverty, migration, and globalization when meeting these human needs.
In WEN, Welfare Assistance is a sub-cCAMP program, which covers a range of government programs/resources that provide financial, aid, or social services to support the basic needs and well-being of vulnerable individuals or groups. Assistance range from helping to obtain and replace an identification card to assisting in the payment and replacing of a vital record.

If you need to replace your identification, birth certificate, social security card, here are some helpful links to assist you.
Check with your state first before calling WEN for assistance in obtaining your state’s website.

Housing Assistance
Request A Vital Record
Social Security Card
Identification Card
Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
Naturalization or Citizenship Document
Marriage Certificate


You may use WEN’s welfare – payment assistance program below to help you pay for and obtain these items, provided we have funds available.

  • Indentification card
  • Driver’s licencse
  • Birth certificate
  • Death certificate



Client Information